Sunday, July 30, 2023

Monster Menu Playtest: Dungeon Meshi meets HeroQuest

While between tasks for launching His Majesty the Worm, I found myself with something I haven't had in the last few years: free time. I found being idle uncomfortable, so I made an ashcan of a game that was on my mind: What if HeroQuest could accommodate the storyline of Dungeon Meshi?

I played in a Dungeon Meshi space briefly before, as you might recall

I called this project Monster Menu. I put it onto paper just to get it out of my head. I used a lot of art resources that I had either already purchased or were free to use. I wrote in layout, which is something I've never done before. 

This ashcan version is available to check out. I'd love for you to play it with your friends. If you do, I'd love for you to tell me how it went!

There's a lot of gaps, but I hope you can figure them out. If there's something you don't understand or if something seems weird, just change it. HeroQuest is a game for young folks, and we have grown up. Ride this game hard and put it away wet.

Check out the playtest materials by clicking here or on the picture below.

Click here to check out the playtest materials


1 comment: