Wednesday, November 1, 2023

What I'm Listening To

Despite the fact I GMed for an AP podcast, I've never really liked podcasts. I've found them difficult to listen to. However, luckily, local millennial with beard has gotten into podcasts. (I also enjoy the works of one "Modest Mouse.") Rejoice. 

I've gotten into a few podcasts that talk about the theory of RPGs (especially indie/OSR play). This is my jam. My jim jam. 

Here's what I'm listening to.*

Between Two Cairns

Local dudes Brad Kerr and Yochai Gal talk about modules (NOT SETTINGS) in Between Two Cairns. I'm hooting and hollering. Yochai talks about the folklore and background of modules, and I say "Ha ha yeah, that's right." Brad does a long form joke. I laugh and say "Ha ha yeah! YES!"

Blogs on Tape

I already read blogs. But someone has done the hard work of aggregating them for me, and read them to me aloud? So I can listen? At the gym? THANK YOU NICK LS WHELAN OF BLOGS ON TAPE

Into the Megadungeon

So few genres of RPG are as close to my heart as the noble megadungeon. Ben L's deep dive into megadungeon theory, Into the Megadungeon, is a super helpful, super insightful look into the place I've spent - shucks - I guess most of my time. Every episode has some new insight. 



* The fact that I'm on a few of these has no** bearing on me recommending them.

** It has enormous bearing.



No comments:

Post a Comment